Weight Off Complete drops are a great kick start for most people and going forward with some fat burning rules will help keep the weight off.
Because so many of my patients use the Weight Off Complete protocol as a means to jump-start their weight loss, I find it helpful to review a few fat-burning rules I’ve learned to better ensure success in a patient’s new life. The more rules one can adhere to, the better and quicker fat-burning results will be.
- Never eat after dinner. Never go to bed on a full stomach. It’s easiest to accomplish this if you finish eating dinner at least 3 hours before bed. Try to allow 11–12 hours between dinner and breakfast.
- Eat only 3 meals a day, consuming a minimum of 20 grams of protein per meal. If you need a snack then snack on something high in protein, like jerky or almonds.
- Do not eat large meals, and when you eat, eat slowly. It can take as long as a half hour for the hunger censors of the brain to decide they’re full.
- Never skip breakfast, and make sure breakfast contains at least 20 grams of protein.
- Avoid refined carbohydrates, especially sugary drinks like juice and all sugary foods, breads, pastas, potatoes, and rice.
- Stay away from MSG and aspartame. They can damage the hunger sensors in the hypothalamus so that the brain thinks you are hungry, and you will eat more food. Remember that MSG has dozens of names on food packaging, so read ingredients carefully
- (visit www.truthinlabeling.org for a complete list).
- Do not consume anything made with high-fructose corn syrup. It contributes to your body’s insulin resistance, resulting in increased production of insulin and increased fat storage.
- Cut back on carbohydrates like grains. Even whole grains will slow your body’s fat-burning potential.
- Do not drink alcohol, including wine and beer.
- Keep your stress levels as low as possible. Try biofeedback, yoga, or massage on a regular basis.
- Eat lots of raw and steamed vegetables and select fruits—especially apples and raw nuts. The following fruits should be avoided because they are high in sugar and low in fiber: bananas, dates, figs, raisins, canned fruit, dried fruits, and mangos.
- Exercise. A combination of weight training and cardio/aerobics is best.
- Sleep a minimum of 7 hours every night.
- Avoid these abnormal sources of estrogen and estrogen-like compounds: birth-control pills, hormone-replacement therapy, and soy-based foods.
- Eat organic produce and meat only. If you are not eating certified organic foods, you are consuming foods that have been exposed to pesticides, antibiotics, herbicides, fungicides, and estrogens. All of these can stop your body’s fat-burning capacity and increase fat storage.
- Take an anti-inflammatory dose (3 g or 3,000 mg) of fish oil in the form of daily supplements.
- Take a multivitamin/mineral supplement every day.